The 2021 rates came into effect on January 1, 2021.
Usage rates for irrigation are applied based on whether you have a separate irrigation meter. (Note: a by-product of 2019 – 2022 rates is incentivizing customers to install irrigation meters)
If Separate Irrigation Meter:
- Usage charge as per the 2021 Irrigation Service Rate – $2.7734 per cubic meter
- The 2021 Irrigation Service Rate is up 2.1% over last year.
If No Separate Irrigation Meter:
- Usage charge as per the 2021 Combined Water and Wastewater Rates:
- Multi-Family Residential – $3.5221/m³ (water $1.3838 + wastewater $2.1383)
- Residential – $3.02/m³ (water $1.45 + wastewater $1.57)
- Commercial/General Service
- 2” meter or less – $3.2999/m³ (water $1.3892 + wastewater $1.9107)
- 3” or more – $3.2406/m³ (water $1.3299 + wastewater $1.9107)
- The 2021 combined Water and Wastewater Rate for Multi-Family and Commercial clients is up 0.6% – 1.6% over last year.
The City continues to heavily incentivize Commercial and Multi-Family Residential customers through the utility rates, the benefit of installing a separate irrigation meter:
- Irrigation Service Rate increases only 7% from 2019 to 2022
- Wastewater Rate is hiked 13-23% from 2019 to 2022, depending on your customer classification