The 2023 rates came into effect on January 1, 2023.
Usage rates for irrigation are applied based on whether you have a separate irrigation meter. (Note: a by-product of 2023 – 2026 rates is incentivizing customers to install irrigation meters)
If Separate Irrigation Meter:
- Usage charge as per the 2023 Irrigation Service Rate – $2.9901 per cubic meter
- The 2023 Irrigation Service Rate is up 5.1% over last year.
If No Separate Irrigation Meter:
- Usage charge as per the 2023 Combined Water and Wastewater Rates:
- Multi-Family Residential – $3.6917/m³ (water $1.3189 + wastewater $2.3728)
- Residential – $3.0449/m³ (water $1.4247 + wastewater $1.6202)
- Commercial/General Service
- 2” meter or less – $3.52/m³ (water $1.4018 + wastewater $2.1182)
- 3” or more – $3.4694/m³ (water $1.3512 + wastewater $2.1182)
- The 2023 combined Water and Wastewater Rate for Multi-Family and Commercial clients is up 2.6% – 4.3% over last year.
The City continues to heavily incentivize Commercial and Multi-Family Residential customers through the utility rates, the benefit of installing a separate irrigation meter:
In 2023 the rate variance for irrigation meter versus no irrigation meter is between $0.4793/m³ and $0.7017/m³, depending on your customer classification.